Tuesday, January 30, 2007

*cough cough* *clearing throat*

I truly MUST apologize for this serious delay in posting on my blog!

Of course, first before I even continue, Happy New Year! I hoep you all had a happy and safe New Year!

There's so much I need to catch you all up on. But first things first, my label for 2006!!! *grins* I know it's 30 days into 2007... *ahem* The label I decided to give to 2006 is this: Emergence of my Individuality.

At the beginning of 2006, I was still this same girl that a lot of you all knew from either high school or college, but in the last half of 2006, I became someone who decided to do things in her own best interest, and not for other people. I became someone who was able to stand up for herself and to say what I really thought. A lot of you knew I had it in me, it was just a matter of time before that part of me would come out and announce to the world that the real June has arrived! In the last 4 months, I have never been happier. I would imagine the next time I'll say "I've never been happier" is when I'm in love or in a relationship - but yet, that still hasn't happened, mind y'all! :)

Just today one of my co-workers and I were talking about the weather, South Dakota is having its worst winter in 50 years. The wind chill is wayyyyyyy below! Just two days ago, the wind chill got as bad as -20 to -30! And Thursday is looking to be worse, -20 at night (BEFORE the wind chill factor) - and he was saying "Global Warming? What Global Warming? Just come to South Dakota and take a look at our weather!" (something like that) Oddly enough, in terms of snow, this is the lightest, but in terms of wind chill - now we're talking about the worst in the last 50 years.

I've been a resident of South Dakota for the last 4 1/2 years, and this is the first severe, coldest winter I've experienced! I thought I'd experience it my first winter here, and when that didn't happen, I thought it would be the next winter, then the one after that, then the one after that, you get the idea, until *pow* now it's here. Seriously - when I'm in the car while it's warming up, I shake from the cold because it really does get into your bones! It's weather like this that makes me want to MOVE out of South Dakota for a much warmer climate! *smiles* But I'll ride this out one and I'm sure the weather will look up in a few months *sigh*

Let's see, what else do I have to fill you all in with?

I spent Christmas here in South Dakota, as I had already flown home twice in the last 8 months, with two dear friends of mine, their daughter, their roommate and another guest. New Years was spent at Camp Lakodia. That's pretty much it - I've been dog sitting most of the month of January for a friend's adorable boxer. This weekend I'm going to be looking after my roommate's two brats. Oh yeah, my roommate put the house up for sale last Tuesday. We've had a few showings and an open house already, and a good number of people have been looking at the house. My roommate hopes to sell the house FAST. We'll see how the market is.

I'm typing this right before I pick up a friend from the airport, but first, I need to post this, zoom down to warm up my car, and then wrap up some things before I leave for the airport.

Have a wonderful night, week, month y'all!

'Til next time!

-j

1 Comments:

At 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home