Friday, September 15, 2006

Yo!

Hey people!

Am still in Rochester. The wedding for my uncle last Saturday was beautiful! Simple yet beautiful - got the opportunity to meet my new aunt and her son, my step cousin. It rained the day of the wedding, but to think that a rainy wedding is bad luck is pure myth. It rained on the morning of my parents' wedding, and they're still together, 29 years and still going strong!

Tonight am heading up north to Canada to spend the weekend with my family and to actually go to the Blue Jay game on Monday against the Yankees. Dad paged me the other day and said that he got the tickets on the first base side (BEHIND the visiting Yankees' dugout!) Remember that Yankee fan back home who wanted to wait until the end of the season to buy me my pizza that I won? Now I can taunt him by telling him that I'll be a lot closer to the Yankees than he has been in a long time! *winks* Me terrible eh? *grinning* Anyways, now it's September 15, 16 more days until the end of the season and before I get my pizza! *licking lips in anticipation* After I won that bet, he wanted to see if I would be willing to "wipe" that bet if the Yankees had the best record in baseball! Fat chance. Then secondly, he asked "If the Yankees win the World Series, can you 'forget' that bet?" Ha ha, again, fat chance.

RIT has changed a LOT! Some things were here when I was here as a student, Ben & Jerry's, Java Wally (coffee shop at the Wallace Library) but now they've added ESPN Sportszone, where students can record themselves commenting on sporting events and I just learned from a friend who's now a faculty member at RIT that students who are recorded will have the opportunity of having their clip being aired throughout the campus network and on local television!!! COOL! RIT was the first college to get the ESPN Sportszone because one of the employees at ESPN is an alumni of RIT and then other colleges started following and they now have ESPN Sportzones located at their campuses. Anyways, other new additions: the Field House (I haven't seen this yet, but seen it from the outside), which houses three pools, compared to the one that we had when I was a student here (graduated four years ago).

Now that I have a hour and a half to kill, am waitingg for a friend to finish with work before joining her home before heading up north, I'm heading back to the bookstore - was just there! And am gonna buy a book to help me kill the time. I forgot what it's like to do a lot of walking here at RIT! All that walking is going to offset all of the food that I've been eating here in Rochester - I've been eating like crazy, eating at my fave places (Cosimo's Pizza @ the mall, STILL THERE! - and DiBella's - this family owned sub shop - delicious!!!!) Pricey, yes but well worth it!

I'm going to get off and head to the bookstore - and my stomach's growling - might as well stop by somewhere to pick up something to eat - somewhere that accepts a DEBIT card not the RIT flex card! *mutters*

'Til next time folks!

-j

1 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger Janis said...

Wow.. I bet I ll be overwhelmed with new things that RIT has :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home