Sunday, September 17, 2006

Things do come in threes...

Just thought I'd share this story with you today. Things definitely come in threes... (so far - *knocking on wood*)

Friday night when I finally set foot on Canadian soil, I was picked up in St. Catharines by my father and my aunt n uncle. When I got my suitcase out of the van that I was riding in from Rochester, my aunt has a Hyundai Elantra and I hit my head on the corner of the trunk, which wasn't so bad. It was just a "bump". Then we traveled home to Mississauga from St. Catharines. Once we got to my parents' apartment, I went to get my suitcase OUT of the trunk, and that catch "thingie" that holds your trunk door to the rest of the car? Well, yes it decided it was attracted to my head, *ahem* or is it the other way around, was it my head that decided that it was attracted to the trunk? *shrugs* oh well, but I hit my head a second time in less than 2 hours on the SAME location caused by the SAME object. *grr* Now that one hurt like bloody hell.

Of course, once two things happen to you, there's bound to be a third one... this didn't occur to me until the next day when we were cleaning up the apartment for Dad's surprise 65th birthday party, I was moving some things, and one of them fell behind the shelf and I knelt down to try to retrieve it. (If you're thinking to yourself that this is a forewarning for something to come, you couldn't be more right!) my head bumped the shelf, rocking it. Mom has a kerosene lamp on the top shelf (for decoration purposes), that toppled and the glass top of the lamp separated from the base and decided to make my head its target.

*glass top tumbling over edge*
*glass top thinking to itself 'No!!! I don't want to break!'*
*glass top looking down for a target - spotting my brown curls, thinking: 'perfect cushion!'*
*bam!*

Now, that one hurt, worse than the second one.

The first words that Mom said when I looked up: "Glass broke?"

Nice mother I have eh? She probably thinks that I have protection in thanks to my thick curly hair! *smiles* But the rest of the afternoon went by in a blink, along with an aching head.

More details to come soon - but I had to share that story.

'Til next time!

-j

2 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger Butterflygal said...

Aww!! Hope your head is feeling better!! :-)

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Janis said...

Haha.. that is so you!!!!! Haha brings back memories! Hope your head is ok :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home