Sunday, July 30, 2006

*eyes widening*
*mouth formed in a silent O*
*hand covers mouth*

OOPS!

It's been two months since I last posted in my blog. I severely apologize for the lack of updates!

Since the last time I posted in my blog, I turned twenty-eight. Yes, count them, 2-8. *grins* Two years away from the big 3-0.

As I mentioned several months ago, I had a "challenge" facing me, the SFAD/MAAD Softball Tournament here in Sioux Falls that I was the chairperson for.

That happened last weekend (July 20-21), and you may as well imagine that in the months that followed my return from Canada (it was really good to be back home to darling Sioux Falls!), I've been a whirlwind of my main job, this tournament (which I jokingly called my second full time job at no pay), and of course, trying to keep up a decent social life!

Time really flew as the time towards the tournament drew closer, I got a new assistant chairperson, Amy, who was a tremendous help! She whupped me and made sure I was on track. Prior to her addition, I had started to feel like I was losing my enthusiasm for the tournament, and Amy was a breath of fresh air which made me jump back into the tournament.

When the tournament rolled around, I had forgotten what it was like to run on so little sleep! I only had 15 hours of sleep from Thursday until Sunday! After the tournament was over, I realized that I was too old for this shit, no more late nights for me and getting up early the next morning. Like I said, I'm twenty-eight! :) I had been considering doing the 2008 Basketball tournament being held here in Sioux Falls, but after last week, I had second thoughts and decided not to do it. It would be too much for me, and like I said, I can't run on so little sleep like that anymore. I just don't have the energy for it. I kept downing all of those energy drinks!

While we're still on the softball track - I'm proud of the hometown teams! The SFAD Women's team placed second out of 4 teams, they had a tough opponent in the Minnesota team. Am proud of them! On the other hand *er - gender*, our SFAD Men's team won the championships after playing 7 straight games from 8 a.m. til the championship game at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday the 21st - I've always watched their league games on Mondays, and what can I say? They deserved this championship. And it was nice to have them win the championship while I was chairperson! Nice wrap-up to the tournament for me. I just wish the women could have won too, but I think they did a fantastic job nevertheless!

I'm thinking all about softball tonight - because it was so recent, but soon, I promise, I will have more updates for you all. Softball pretty much consumed my life for the last two months and it's all I'll talk about, as you can see, so give me a month or two, then I'll be back withOUT softball on the mind. *grins*

I have to tell myself "It's not all softball, softball, softball ya know!" Found this on the Internet, some kind of advertising slogan generator - it's hilarious! You put in a word and they'll generate a slogan for you - sometimes some of the slogans are HILARIOUS, depending on what kind of mind set you're in. That day when Amy and I were looking at this website, we were in a weird mind set, and we found everything hilarious... Maybe you'd agree when you see it, but then again maybe not.

The Los Angeles Angels just beat the Boston Red Sox - *clapping and jumping up and down* - so that MY Jays don't lose a game in the AL East Division - whew, because they lost a heartbreaker to the Oakland Athletics today! Any team that plays against the first place team in my division, I'm always going to root for them. I know I haven't talked about baseball here yet, but I know soon soon will - Baseball is a passion of mine - so that one will be a LONG blog post!

It's 10:37 p.m. and I have an early start tomorrow - so I'm going to be shutting up and signing off...

Good night friends! Sleep well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home