Sunday, May 14, 2006

Just thought I'd come back and post my thoughts on the last two days. I have the place to myself as my roommate is in Florida visiting her sister until Monday, it's really nice to have the place to yourself, but yet, you all know I crave human interaction, so this is why I decided to go out last night to a baseball game (not a professional game), but Sioux Falls is home to one of the minor league teams, it's called the Sioux Falls Canaries, lame I know. It's the only team that doesn't start with a S. I don't know why all of the other teams start with a S except for the Canaries, but that doesn't matter.

Other teams in Sioux Falls: Sioux Falls Spitfire (soccer), Sioux Falls Storm (Arena football), Sioux Falls Stampede (hockey), Sioux Falls Skyforce (basketball). The Storm and Skyforce have been successful in getting championships in the last two or so years. I've been to all of the games except a Spitfire game.

Anyways... I've also been spending a lot of time online. There's this man, Greg Gunderson, who lives here in Sioux Falls and is deaf. He used to work for CSD whre I work, but he has left CSD to pursue his dream of car racing. He is a rookie who is hoping to get a spot in the top 12 to qualify for this reality tv show called "Racing for a Living". With this reality TV show, the fans are the power. Fans can vote on which driver they want to go to the TV show. I've been voting for Greg Gunderson on a daily basis, and what's neat is there are no rules in voting, you can vote as often as you want! If you'd like to check it out and help Greg Gunderson achieve his dream, you can go to this website: www.racingforaliving.com then click on VOTE then scroll down to find Greg Gunderson's name and then click on his button and scroll down to the very bottom and click on VOTE. Just a week ago, Greg was as high as 5th place, and now he has dropped down to 11th, and I'd like to help Greg achieve his dream. Deadline for voting is July 31, 2006, and if you happen to be on the internet, just drop a vote for Greg whenever you can if you'd like!

This is me spending time online, but otherwise, I've been spending a LOT of time on my laptop. My laptop has been a personal toy of mine, and I just got a wi-fi card for it, so it's with me, and I can access the internet from anywhere. And since I've been the chairperson of the softball tournament, I've been becoming more and more dependent on my laptop so that I can respond to potential fans' questions and players' questions as well, so this laptop has been a lifesaver, especially with the wi-fi card. :) Speaking of laptop, I'm posting this FROM my laptop. :)

This is what I have for today, and for all of you mothers out there, "Happy Mother's Day!" I was a good girl and I already wished my mother that. I told her that I would not have a card or a gift for her for this year's Mother's Day as I will be flying to Toronto on Wednesday (yes this Wednesday the 17th), and that would be her Mother's Day gift from me.

I won't be surprised if I'll take a long time before I post again, but I'm going to try my best not to let too long pass before I post again. More likely I'll post again when I'm in Canada and bored out of my mind! *laughs* No no, I won't be bored, but I definitely will have a lot of time on my hands because I would be lacking transportation. :)

*hugs*

June

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home