I just thought I'd update you on what's up with me. Can't believe it's February 1st already. The month of January has come and gone in the blink of an eye!
I had wisdom surgery last Friday (my first surgery in 14 years. The last surgery I had was for my tonsils when I was 13). They pulled out three of my wisdom teeth. I came out of the surgery looking like a FAT chipmunk. Before I had the surgery, I had heard that you would look like a chipmunk, but in the two days following the surgery I really looked like a FAT chipmunk! I couldn't eat real food and I couldn't smoke. I was miserable over the weekend, but brightened up a little when two of my friends stopped by to visit on Sunday night. Of course, I had my roommate Katie, and I was willing to let her see me at my worst. She said to me the other day that I was far better during the week than I had been on the weekend when I was moping around in the mornings, but would get better at night. Well, I always felt my worst in the mornings and after I iced down my cheeks, I would feel a little better, a little more positive because the swelling would go down.
This picture was taken this morning, 5 days after the surgery, I'm still looking a little like a chipmunk, but can you believe the bruise I have on my neck?!? That's how bad my swelling was. My cheeks swelled up and my neck swelled up. The bruises are all results of swelling, the bruises mean that the swelling is gone, and what's left behind? Broken blood vessels because my skin stretched so bad with the swelling. My bruise looks like someone punched me in the throat, or tried to strangle me or I was hit with a softball ball or a baseball ball. Man... When I go to work, I have to use a scarf to cover the bruise up. I'm just glad scarves are fashionable!

And oh yes, I got new glasses the day after New Year's. My old ones broke at work New Year's Eve! Janny helped pick them out, they look good dontcha think? I mean, look at the picture, imagine me with no bruises, (as you all knew me those many years) and focus on the glasses, they do look good don't they? *smiles*
This concludes the update.
I'll be baaaacccckkkkk with more updates!
June

1 Comments:
Ouch! U do look like u ve been strangled heh .. hope u get well soon! Yup i like the glasses.. looks very nice :)
Post a Comment
<< Home