Monday, January 09, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

With 2006 comes a fresh new year, a fresh new year of possibilities, opportunities and new experiences. With every new year that comes, I always look forward to the exciting possibilities that it will bring, either to enrichen my life, or to alter it.

I hope you all rang in the New Year loudly, having FUN and safely! I sure did! Went to a friend's house, which consisted of MOSTLY couples, actually they were ALL couples except for me and a co-worker who also went. And we had kids and 1 dog milling around in the basement and all of the adults near the delicious food were upstairs!

2002 was the year of "moving on", 2003 AND 2004 were the years of "overcoming challenges", 2005 was the year of "learning and growing".

I hope the year 2006 will be a fun year, and I will not be able to give it a "label" until after the year has already gone, but I don't want the year to fly by too fast! *knocking on wood* I already have so many things to do in the new year, chairperson of the MAAD Softball tournament to take place here in Sioux Falls in July, attending the MAAD Basketball tournament in Kansas City in March, going back home in May (possibly for a trip out to Nova Scotia or to stay with my parents and help them with their new computer), and possibly going up to watch a Twins game or two in April (against the Blue Jays' rivals - the Yankees... with their new Murderer's Row of Damon, Jeter, A-Rod, Giambi, Sheffield, Matsui, Posada, Williams and Cano, must be interesting, so I thought, why not?) So it might be set for April, so I'm already filling up my appointment book for the new year with meetings, trips out of town and mini-events.

It's also a time of reflection on the year past, and a time of looking to the horizon, to the future. The sun may set on the horizon every night, but it always comes back in the morning, bringing with it a brand new day.

Right before christmas, I had this picture taken with my Sioux Falls circle. It was the first time EVER that all 4 of us had a picture taken together. I thought I'd post it here, keep my promise for a picture or a quote on each blog post. And since I don't have a quote today, I'll just have this picture, and sign off by saying Happy New Year and have a great month of January!

1 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Janis said...

Happy New Year! Love the black n white picture!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home