Wednesday, November 02, 2005

You meet your friend, your face brightens, you have struck gold

Janny Megan Amy

The pictures that I just posted are my favorites. I have more pictures on CD, but I don't have access to my CD right now, I'll be posting those later (*raising right hand in air* I PROMISE!)
The quote "You meet your friend, your face brightens, you have struck gold," was spoken by Kassia way back then (date unknown). I wanted to make sure I credited the right person instead of making you all think that I was the one who came up with that! Personally, a quote that I came up with on my own about friends was this: "You have friends for every stage in your life. Some friends may come and go quickly, come and stay for what seems like eternity, come and go and then come back."
Your family are forever tied to you through blood, and rarely do you really have to work at establishing a relationship with your family because it was already there when you were born. Your friends are tied to you through an invisible silver cord, and with your friends, you work hardest at building foundations with them by getting to know them better and by accepting them as they are.
The three girls in this post, Janny, Megan and Amy, Those are the three friends that I have in Sioux Falls where the quote can apply to. Don't get me wrong, I have other friends who are just as dear to me. Those three, I am always thrilled to see, it doesn't matter how often I see them (at work or at home), or how seldom I see them due to different working hours and so forth, I still brighten up every time I see them. That look on my face tells me I have struck gold with each of those three.
Janny - I've known her the longest of the three, since I was 14 - and other people may call her Jennifer or JD, but she'll always be Janny to me!
Megan - My Meggy - she's the sister that Destiny forgot to give me.
Amy - She came into my life at a time when I was alone at a new crossroad in my life, and she has never left as she has become one of my own.
My favorite discussion when it comes to friends boils down to two words: Unconditional love. Unconditional love means that no matter what your friends may do to you (prank-wise or on the serious side), you will always (at the risk of repeating myself) and forever love them, no matter what. Unconditional love also means if you rarely see the friends that you love the most, it does not matter, because you will be thrilled to spend every minute you have whem them when you *are* with them. Each person has their own life that they have to lead, and sometimes it overlaps with yours, sometimes their lives do not, but you will ALWAYS love them, as they are an important part of your life, and they have played major roles in your life at one time or another.
I just wanted to share this with you today - as my friends are seldom away from my thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home